ALTER-EU is an informal coalition. In 2016, salaries, office expenses, and campaign activities were financed by grants from the Isvara Foundation and Open Society Foundations, as well as by contributions from groups represented on the steering committee. Our finances for 2013-2016 can be viewed here. Our annual report for 2016 can be read here.
The work of ALTER-EU is supported by ALTER-EU asbl, an organisation with legal not for profit status registered under Belgian law which looks for and administrates funding opportunities and provides administrative support to allow the coalition to organise its activities.
ALTER-EU is strongly in favour of and committed to financial transparency around lobbying and member groups are expected to disclose such information.
More information regarding ALTER-EU and its steering committee members' activities can be found in the European 'Transparency Register'. ALTER-EU is registered in the EU Transparency Register under number: 2694372574-63.
Examples of financial transparency by ALTER-EU groups are available on the websites of:
- Access Info Europe (identification number in the Transparency Register: 49931835063-67)
- Corporate Europe Observatory (5353162366-85)
- European Federation of Journalists (27471236588-39)
- Friends of the Earth Europe (9825553393-31)
- Greenpeace European Unit (9832909575-41)
- LobbyControl (6314918394-16)
- SpinWatch (394176410617-89)